* Please read the following information
carefully before use.
Always follow safety precautions when
operating your Gene Café roaster.
Keep these very important cautions.
Incorrect use of an electrical roaster may
result in risk of electric shock or serious
injuries as well as damage to the roaster.
Warning : It causes serious injuries unless
reading these instructions carefully.
* To prevent damage, never use or store the
Gene Café where it will be exposed to
direct sunlight or other heating sources.
* Always use the Gene Café roaster on
a level and stable surface.
* Do not immerse the Gene Café in water
and do not allow water or cleaning
liquids to enter the roaster.
Water and other liquids may create a
safety hazard or damage the roaster.
* Do not operate Gene Cafe in wet places.
It causes electric shock and damages.
* If water should penetrate into the Gene
Café, disconnect it from the power supply
and contact Customer Service.
* Never operate the Gene Café
near flammable substances such as oil,
alcohol, benzene, gasoline or paint thinner.
* Do not use the Gene Café in a dusty
environment or near flammable materials.
* Do not place Gene Café on a pad, cushion
or electric blanket as a fire may result.
* Do not insert foreign objects, especially
metal, into the Gene Café as it may cause
* Do not block Air-intake and Chaff
It causes overheating and occurs fire.
* If a foreign object accidentally enters the
Gene Café, immediately unplug the roaster.
Do not attempt to disassemble Gene Cafe
Roaster. Please contact the local seller
* Unplug the power cord in case of
* To prevent short circuit, do not bend or
force the power plug and do not tie the
cord or disconnect the roaster from the
wall outlet by pulling on the cord.
* Keep your hands dry always before
operating the Gene Cafe.
* Disconnect the power plug when not using
* You should insert the plug to the socket
Otherwise it causes fire or short circuit
* If an extension cord must be used, be sure
that it is a heavy-duty type with a rating at
least equal to the power rating of the Gene
* Please handle Power Plug gently!
* Whenever the roasting chamber is not
mounted in the Gene Café, place it in
the chamber stand to reduce risk of
tipping and breaking.
* The roasting chamber is not designed
to stand upright without the aid of the
* Please close the Safety Cover when
operating Gene Cafe. Keep the Gene
Cafe away from the children and pets.
* Do not touch the roaster during operation.
* Please check and clean the chaff collector if
you may not able to touch the surface by
* Do not preheat this product without coffee
* Please read Trouble Shooting Guide of this
manual in cases of any malfunctions(Page
* Do not attempt to disassemble the Gene
Cafe Roaster on this kind of symptom.
* Please contact the seller for Customer
* Please take a break to cool down the Gene Cafe if it is
very hot to touch it.
* To prevent damage or safety issues, do not apply excessive
pressure to the Gene Café or drop the roaster.
* Do not remove the blade ass'y of the separator ass'y. It
causes the chamber glass broken without blade ass'y.
TroubleshootingThis troubleshooting guide can be used to diagnose common issues.
If your problem is not covered here or cannot be resolved, contact Customer Service.
|Unit does not work.|
1. Power Cable is not
2. Blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
1. Connect the power cableto
2. Replace fuse or reset circuit breaker.
3. Please try another outlet
on a different circuit.
4. Review instruction manual for proper operating procedure.
5. Press TEMP again.
6. Set the timer.
Roast is not available.
Temperature does not reach to the target TEMP.
1. Unit is connected to
a circuit delivering less voltage than required.
2. Coffee Beans is overfilled.
3. Improper roast level
settings (time and/or temperature).
4. Chaff collector is clogged.
5. Fan filter is blocked.
6. Other electric machine is
used with the same
1. Check rated voltage.
Try using another circuit.
2. Follow instructions for maximum
amount of green coffee beans.
3. Check and adjust roasting
temperature if necessary.
4. Increase roasting time.
5. Clean the fan intake ports on the
top of the roaster using a vacuum
cleaner fitted with a brush attachment.
6. Turn off other electric device.
Excessive smoke generated during roasting process.
1. Chaff collector inside
metal filter is clogged.
2. Incorrect roasting
3 Roasting chamber
1. Empty the chaff collector.
2. Clean the metal filter with water.
3. Check temperature and time
settings to prevent over-roasting.
4. Use correct amount of green
Maximum roasting amount per patch
is 0.5Lbs (250g).
1. Roasting chamber
2. Some green beans have
much more chaffs than
1. Use proper amount of
green coffee beans.
2. If green coffee beans have
thick skin, roast in smaller
remove the chamber
1. Release button not
|Fully depress release button while lifting roasting chamber out of the roaster.|
|Unable the chamber to insert properly.|
1. Roasting chamber is being incorrectly
inserted into the body.
1. Please check the chamber
lid is closed correctly.
2. Please check the
chamber is aligned properly.
Operation (rotation) does not stop.
1. Unit is not cooling
1. The Gene Cafe does not stop automatically until it reaches at
2. Press the dial "TEMP" for stopping
it manually when it reaches
Safe Temperature is 140º F(60ºC).
Intermediate safety stop temperature is 212ºF (100ºC).
Error Messages & DescriptionEmergent
* Contact the distributor at the back cover if you see any of these error messages.
sensor 1 error
Reed sensor error.
Fan or temperature s
ensor 2 error.
▒ In the event that the Gene Café is turned off by mistake.Please turn it on again.
You can take the chamber out or keep going coffee roast.
▒ In the event that a power failure interrupts the roasting process.
Please separate the Gene Cafe from the power supply. The chamber could start burning and
then could make fire in some cases.
1st) Do not try taking the chamber out forcibly.
Please turn it on again. Please separate the chamber when the chamber is stopped.
▒ In case of a fireFirstly please use the fire extinguisher.
The chamber is extremely hot and it may cause ignite the fire.
Then please follow the below steps.
Do not leave until you finish the fire completely.
* Fire in roasting chamber
1. Press the dial "TEMP" to stop the chamber.
2. Please wear gloves or oven mitts before touching the Gene Cafe. Firstly remove the
chamber from the main body. Secondly pour inner burnt beans from the chamber.
* Fire in the chaff collector Firstly cool the chaff collector down completely then remove it from
the main body for cleaning. Silver Skins and Chaffs of Coffee Beans shall be burnt out easily.